A-level set practicals – factors affecting rates of photosynthesisResource
This updated version of our popular ‘algal balls’ resource is designed to support the use of practicals across various new 2015 A-level biology specifications (OCR, AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas).
Students conduct an investigation into factors affecting the rates of photosynthesis, using a colorimeter to record quantitative measurements.
- use appropriate instrumentation (a colorimeter) to record quantitative measurements
- safely and ethically use organisms to measure plant responses to changing conditions
- use ICT such as computer modelling, or data logger to collect data, or use software to process data.
- Tested materials to support the A-level practical endorsement (CPAC)
- Support materials for teachers and technicians
- Student worksheet to help provide evidence for meeting the practical skills requirements
- Student revision materials to help prepare for exams
Support materials for other key practicals in A-level specifications can be found on the A-level set practicals main page.
- SAPS - Light Intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Learning Outcomes
- SAPS - Light Intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Student Worksheet
- SAPS - Light intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Student Sheet
- SAPS - Light intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Grid
- SAPS - Light Intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Technical and Teaching Notes