A-level set practicals – factors affecting rates of photosynthesisResource
‘Factors affecting the rates of photosynthesis’ is an updated version of our popular ‘algal balls‘ resource is designed to support the use of practicals across various new 2015 A-level biology specifications (OCR, AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas).
Students conduct an investigation into factors affecting the rates of photosynthesis, using a colorimeter to record quantitative measurements.
- use appropriate instrumentation (a colorimeter) to record quantitative measurements
- safely and ethically use organisms to measure plant responses to changing conditions
- use ICT such as computer modelling, or data logger to collect data, or use software to process data.
- Tested materials to support the A-level practical endorsement (CPAC)
- Support materials for teachers and technicians
- Student worksheet to help provide evidence for meeting the practical skills requirements
- Student revision materials to help prepare for exams
Support materials for other key practicals in A-level specifications can be found on the A-level set practicals main page.
- SAPS - Light Intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Learning Outcomes
- SAPS - Light Intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Student Worksheet
- SAPS - Light intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Student Sheet
- SAPS - Light intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Grid
- SAPS - Light Intensity and the rate of photosynthesis - Technical and Teaching Notes